Friday 28 October 2011

More painting updates, I've been pretty busy.


With the benefit of hindsight I'd have painted this tank green/dunkelgelb rather than brown/dunkelgelb as the rust pigments just seem to blend in with the brown colouring on the hull on the end pictures. Still it's not totally finished yet theres a few more sections to do, hopefully have this finished tomorrow though.

With the paint chipping I tried to do something a little different and show the "oxide red" primer that German tanks were undercoated with but the colour choices I used were poor so I added black into the red sections I did which as you can see in the final pic tones them down quite a lot. There's still a few stages of varnish to go and some washes to add so they'll be toned down even more hopefully.


Base colours:


Some drybrushing and highlighting to tan areas.


Tracks and stowage/tools base coated and some chipping/wear added:




All metal areas drybrushed in gunmetal then mig rust and dry mud pigments added to various areas:

No comments:

Post a Comment